The Sound Image Blog

The Sound Image Blog

Client feedback for Sound Image

Client feedback for Sound Image

Thursday, June 16, 2011

94.5 KFM Wedding - Nantes Estate, Paarl - 26 Feb 2011



Every Year in November, Cape Town radio station 94.5 KFM hosts a Christmas Wish List. The station  receives many special requests ranging from everyday wishes to life-changing ones. The Wish List Team contacted the Aleit Group to grant one couple, Kim and Nino, the wish of a wedding. 

The Aleit Group contacted me with a request to come on board and I agreed to offer my musical services as a special gift after reading the following letter, sent in to 94.5 KFM from the bride's aunt :

“ My wish is for my niece, Kim Davey. She is one of the most caring, giving and loving people I know. Her own mom did not raise her as she was very young when she had her. My parents put her through school and clothed her. She witnessed her mom being physically abused by our late stepmom and her mother was very rebellious in this regard – she thus took solace by me and my younger sister and we filled in the mother role. My younger sister and I helped in this regard as she has been through a lot.

Kim’s relationship with her fiancé has stood the trials of life and they plan on tying the knot. She is very excited about her wedding day, but because her fiancé has struggled to keep a job she has had to bring in the main source of income. She helps her mom out with the little that she gets and then still has to plan her wedding. Her fiancé now has a stable job but they are struggling to cope with everything that is needed for her big day next year.

They plan to wed on 26 February 2011, God willing. She has had to postpone the wedding so many times because of financial constraints and even had to pawn her engagement ring two years back in order to help her mom. My kids love her to bits and even at her age of 24 years she is still very humble. Kim has had to mature at an early age because of her mom and has done a splendid job of looking after herself.

I would love you to help me plan her dream wedding as I am not able to financially. Please see what you can do to make this day special for her as she is a remarkable person.”

1 comment:

Cascade Manor Weddings in Paarl said...

Paarl is such a beautiful setting for a wedding, you can’t go wrong.